Wednesday 25 April 2012

Misery. Terribleness. And Bad Weather

Today has been dreadful.

I woke up to discover two things. One: it was raining so much, the sky appeared to be crying. Two: I had left my USB in the laptop overnight, so to punish me it overheated and is basically dead. The tech analyst person in college couldn't save it. The man in the computer shop told me to just get a new one. Even my mum couldn't fix it, and we all know that if your mum can't fix something it's, in a word, screwed.

It's bad enough that the USB died. It was shaped like a surfboard and I can't get the same one anywhere. What's worse is, the final draft of my research project was saved onto it and I had stupidly forgotten to back it up on the laptop. So I lost over a thousand words that had to be re-done this morning during the free time I was supposed to be giving myself to watch my DVR'ed Vampire Diaries. Trust me, I could really have done with a Stefan and Damon fix this morning. But no. There was re-typing to be done.

That done, I had to leave my house at three pm in a torrential downpour for my one and only remaining class. On at 5pm, in the dreariest room you ever saw, where only half the lights work. On the way to the bus stop, my umbrella blew out of my hand and flew all the way across the field and I was too depressed and wet to chase it. So by the time I arrived on campus, I was even wetter, freezing to death, developing pneumonia and five euros poorer because I had to buy a new umbrella.

I ended up, in spite of all this, having a few free minutes before class. So I did what I always do with free time and went into the bookstore. And guess what I found there? A whole six days early? Drumroll please...When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle. I did a little dance and the very hot grad student who works behind the counter looked at me like I was insane. Was I bothered? Was I heck. The book just about made up for all the crappy things that happened today.

Sadly, I cannot begin to read my lovely book yet as I have too much to do. All is not lost though. I finally got to watch Vampire Diaries when I was eating dinner and Damon and Elena...well, I won't give it away, but I did another little dance and my mum gave me a funny look.

Can't wait for college to be over...

1 comment:

  1. Awh, I'm glad things worked out for you in the end. It was SUCH a horrible day! :(

    ReplyDelete