Thursday 26 April 2012

Crazy Cooking

The Little Paris Kitchen: Classic French recipes with a fresh and fun approach


Book: The Little Paris Kitchen
Author: Rachel Khoo
Publisher: Penguin
Shelfabilty: Get!

I have gone metal. Just raving mad. I blame college stress. Until a month ago I was a semi-normal and well adjusted person, and now I buy cookery books. Hmmm.

There is no rhyme or reason to this. I am not creative in the kitchen. I can make three things: spaghetti, omlettes and this Mexican rice thing that my brothers really like. Well, I can do homemade soup too but that hardly counts because all you do is boil things. But suddenly I am on a mission to create the perfect béchamel? Like I said: mental.

Mind you, if you are creative in the kitchen, you will probably adore this book because the recipes are great. They're simple enough for idiots like me to follow but still original enough to impress your mates,(or net you the grand on 'Come Dine With Me'). There's a lavender chicken recipe that is just delicious; it was worth buying the book for it's loveliness alone. And don't get me started on the créme caramel.

So culinary people: you want this book on your shelf. It's pretty, the illustrations are adorable and the food is awesome. What more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment