Sunday 29 April 2012

Avengers: A Review

Avengers Assemble Poster

Heee. I get giddy when there is even the merest implication of Chris Hemsworth. Or Liam Hemsworth. Actually, all things Hemsworth are very acceptable to me. So naturally I was very excited for the Avengers movie.

We went on Friday night, and get this: they played the wrong movie! Me, my friends and two hundred other people had tickets for the Avengers, and they played 'Lockout' instead! Well, the first few minutes of it...there were some really angry comic book fans stalking the cash desk outside, demanding refunds and free popcorn.

Sadly, complementary refreshments were not supplied.

We eventually got to see the movie and guess what? It's awesome. There's things getting smashed and people yelling and screaming and scary, scaly things from another dimension flying through the sky. And Iron Man. Gotta love Iron Man. Downside? Scarlett Johansson spends the whole movie in very tight pants, and I felt inadequate and jealous. Very jealous. But I digress. There's even a sad bit! Oh, and the baddie is a proper baddie. Villains are so much better when they are just downright mean. I hate this whole 'tortured soul' business where the baddie might be redeemed or whatever, it's far too complex for my liking.

Word of advice? Go to see and early showing. We went at ten pm, and I didn't get home from the cinema til nearly two. It's a long movie, but worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment